A limited selection of federal tax booklets and forms are available in all Branch Libraries. There are also copiers at each branch to help you make copies of forms not available for your returns.
Paper copies of Virginia tax forms are NOT available at the library. Here is the order form to have the Virginia Department of Taxation send you a tax form.
Below you will find a selected list of websites that contain forms that you can download. There is also a list of sites where you can get free tax preparation assistance.
- Federal Tax Federal Tax Forms and Publications (IRS)
- IRS e-file start at the IRS site rather than the commercial e-filing sites. You can file in the library, but staff cannot assist you.
- Virginia Tax Online for Individuals You can file in the library, but staff cannot assist you.
- Virginia State Department of Taxation--Information
- State tax forms for other states
- Earned Income Tax Credit: info from the Federal Government
Tax Preparation Assistance (FREE)
- Local IRS Office: 401 East Market Street | 434.977.8718
Mon thru Fri: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (closed for lunch 12:30-1:30pm)
- IRS Videos - A selection of topics related to tax form preparation
- IRS Videos Multilingua - Videos from the IRS in Spanish