Interlibrary loan is a service available to JMRL patrons for materials not owned by the library system.
- There is no fee for items from the University of Virginia Library or electronic article requests. For other requests, there will be a $3.00 fee for each item requested on interlibrary loan. The $3 fee will be applied to your account even if the item is not picked up..
- Patrons should first check the catalog by Title and Author to see if JMRL owns the item.
- An unblocked JMRL library card is required.
- Patrons should request, pick up and return the item to the same branch.
- Materials less than one year old are not available for interlibrary loan.
- The request limit is three items per patron. More items can be requested as previous requests are returned.
- You will be notified by email, telephone or through postal mail when the item is received.
- Patrons are responsible for the costs and fees for lost or damaged books as assessed by the lending library.
Please fill out the form and select the Pickup Location (branch library).