P. O. Box 321
Lovingston, VA 22949-0321
Off site kiosk and bookdrop in Nelson County
Programs Today See all programs...
Local at Nelson
Grow Nelson Library
Supporting initiatives for the benefit of Nelson Memorial Library.
The Grow Nelson Library Committee formed in 2019 to raise funds for all the extras that a renovated library in Nelson County was going to need. Grow Nelson Library has been working hard to use those funds in the best possible way since then. Here is an update of some of the successful things the Nelson Memorial Library has accomplished with the financial support of Grow Nelson Library:
- Launched three community story walks (Spruce Creek, Camille Trailhead, and Blue Ridge Rail Trail)
- Installed a locker outside the library for after hours book pick up
- Added a Maker Space within Nelson Memorial Library’s Business Center
- Provided ongoing outreach services in the county with a new Outreach Vehicle.
- Installed a Music Garden (musical instruments on the way!)
- Purchased new books for the library
- Became an affiliate for The Dolly Parton Imagination Library
Services at Nelson
To use the outdoor lockers select "(Branch) Locker" as your hold pickup location.
Nelson County Life and Blue Ridge Life back issues are available for review and download.
An easy way to scan your photos, documents or books and more, without the hassle of unbinding
Services offered for digitizing various media, printing small and large format, laminating, etc
Faxing is available at $1 for each page, including any cover pages, within the United States.
Devices to cut or engrave a wide range of materials (must bring own materials)
In partnership with the Nelson Historical Society, the archives are available at the Nelson Memorial Library.
$.10 black and white, $.50 color. Print from your own device with Wireless Printing.
Sewing machines are available for use in sewing projects (must bring own materials).
With the video conversion station, you can convert your old VHS tapes into .mp4 format.