Information Technology Volunteer
Assist the IT staff with tasks that are straightforward but require time or effort the staff may not have.
- Organizing equipment and supplies, lifting up to 50lbs
- Inventorying PCs, printers, and other equipment
- Deploying UPS battery backups, changing toner cartridges, etc.
- Ready equipment for disposal
- Update inventory documentation
- Occasional travel to branches for installations
These tasks do not necessarily require advanced technical skills, but may require a familiarity with basic IT concepts.
- Gain familiarity with JMRL information technology
- Be an integral part of the function of the Library
Volunteers will receive an initial training session followed by assistance as needed.
434-979-7151 ext 6695
Send a Message