See what staff are reading (and recommending!) and see the young adult librarians' selections.
- 1 Linn Browning (Northside)
- 2 Tim Carrier (Central)
- 3 Anne Chiles (Central)
- 4 Nancy Cook (Central)
- 5 Jacqui Dempsey-Cohen (Central)
- 6 Meredith Dickens (Central)
- 7 Krista Farrell (Central)
- 8 Noelle Funk (Scottsville)
- 9 Willow Gale (Bookmobile)
- 10 Karen Gillaspie (Central)
- 11 Pam Grammer (Crozet)
- 12 Gary Grant (Albemarle Trustee)
- 13 John Halliday (Central)
- 14 Sarah Hamfeldt (Central)
- 15 Holly Huffman (Greene)
- 16 Lindsay Ideson (Northside)
- 17 Rhonda Johnson (Crozet)
- 18 Kathy Judge (Central)
- 19 Tanith Knight (Nelson)
- 20 Jackie Lichtman (Central)
- 21 Russ Lyttleton (Central)
- 22 Gail Ott (Gordon)
- 23 Heather Pehnec (Central)
- 24 David Plunkett (Central)
- 25 Stella Pool (Central)
- 26 Ginny Reese (Greene)
- 27 Wendy Saz (Crozet)
- 28 Phoebe Anne Tucker (Nelson)
- 29 Marien Villaman-Chodl (Bookmobile)
Linn Browning (Northside)
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.
Tim Carrier (Central)
Anne Chiles (Central)
- And So It Goes by Charles J. Shields.
- Help Me to Find My People: The African American Search for Family Lost in Slavery by Heather Andrea Williams.
- Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear.
- Molotov's Magic Lantern by Rachel Polonsky.
Nancy Cook (Central)
- Vanished by Sheela Chari.
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed.
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick.
Jacqui Dempsey-Cohen (Central)
- Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.
Meredith Dickens (Central)
- Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs by Ken Jennings.
- Embassytown by China Mieville.
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy DeLisle.
- Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time by Mark Adams.
- Also see my recommendations on the Gordon Avenue Library staff picks page
Krista Farrell (Central)
- Home Is a Roof Over a Pig: An Amerian Family's Journey in China by Aminta Arrington.
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
- King Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African Village by Peggielene Bartels.
- Poster: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer.
Noelle Funk (Scottsville)
- The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier.
- An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain M. Pears.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin.
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt.
- There But for the by Ali Smith.
- The World Until Yesterday by Jared Diamond.
Willow Gale (Bookmobile)
- Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.
- Time to Be in Earnest by P. D. James.
- The Wake of Forgiveness by Bruce Machart.
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.
Karen Gillaspie (Central)
- A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison.
Pam Grammer (Crozet)
- Heft by Liz Moore.
Gary Grant (Albemarle Trustee)
- The Orchard: A Memoir by Adele Crockett Robertson.
John Halliday (Central)
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner.
- Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie.
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.
- Goronwy and Me: A Narrative of Two Lives by Proal Heartwell.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
- This Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen.
Sarah Hamfeldt (Central)
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
Holly Huffman (Greene)
- Mandela's Way: Fifteen Lessons on Life, Love, and Courage by Richard Stengel.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Also see my recommendations on the Adult Mystery Series Authors page
Lindsay Ideson (Northside)
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt.
- This Life is in Your Hands: One Dream, Sixty Acres, and a Family Undone by Melissa Coleman.
- The Swerve: How the World Became Modern by Stephen J. Greenblatt.
Rhonda Johnson (Crozet)
- May B by Caroline Starr Rose.
- Vanished by Gary D. Schmidt.
- Vegetable Gardening the Colonial Williamsburg Way: 18th-Century Methods for Today's Organic Gardeners by Wesley Greene.
Kathy Judge (Central)
- Becoming Billie Holiday by Carole Boston Weatherford.
- The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey.
Tanith Knight (Nelson)
- Lost Communities of Virginia by Terri Fisher.
Jackie Lichtman (Central)
- The Echo Maker by Richard Powers.
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
- Selected Stories by Alice Munro.
- The Sojourn by Andrew Krivak.
Russ Lyttleton (Central)
- The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough.
- Island of Vice: Theodore Roosevelt's Doomed Quest to Clean Up Sin-Loving New York by Richard Zacks.
Gail Ott (Gordon)
- Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray.
- Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith.
- Following Atticus: Forty Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship Now by Mark Ryan.
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
- The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson.
- Sum It Up: 1098 Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective by Pat Head Summitt.
- Thomas Jefferson: the Art of Power by Jon Meacham.
Heather Pehnec (Central)
- The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell.
- Down the Mysterly River by Mark Buckingham.
- The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis by Kevin Brockmeier.
David Plunkett (Central)
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- The Draining Lake by Arnaldur Indridason.
- The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer.
- The Hairstons: An American Family in Black and White by Henry Wiencek.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.
Stella Pool (Central)
- Letters from Skye by Jessica Brockmole.
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton.
- World Without End by Ken Follett.
Ginny Reese (Greene)
- Dragonbreath: Curse of the Were-Wiener by Ursula Vernon.
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos.
- The Expats by Chris Pavone.
- The False Friend by Myla Goldberg.
- No Such Thing As Dragons by Philip Reeve.
- Yes, Chef: a Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson.
Wendy Saz (Crozet)
- Emily Alone by Stewart O'Nan.
- In the Sea There Are Crocodiles: a Novel Based on the True Story of Enaiatollah Akbari by Fabio Geda.
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson.
- Nothing Daunted: The Unexpected Education of Two Society Girls in the West by Dorothy Wickenden.
- The Odds by Stewart O'Nan.
Phoebe Anne Tucker (Nelson)
- The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair
Marien Villaman-Chodl (Bookmobile)
- Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger.