Crozet Teen Book Club
The Crozet Library leads a diverse range of fun book clubs for teens featuring lively discussion, activities, and crafts. A free copy of the book is included for each participant. Registration is required. Refreshments are always served! Please call the Crozet Library for more information or to register for a book club meeting. All meetings are on Tuesdays, 6:00-7:30 pm.
Book Group options:
The Crozet Teen Book Club is a group that's open to Grades 6-12. This club usually discusses popular YA books that appeal to a wide age range.
The Yak & Snack Book Club is aimed at ages 11-14.
The Literati Book Club is geared toward ages 14-18, or more mature teen readers. This group discusses edgier books and hot topics.
Current Session: 2015
- June 30 - Crozet Teen Book Club:The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- July 20 - Yak & Snack: Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
- July 21 - The Literati Book Club: Paper Towns by John Green
- January 28 - Unnatural Creatures short stories selected by Neil Gaiman
- February 25 - Literati Book Club: The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
- March 18 - Literati Book Club: True Grit by Charles Portis
- April 29 - Divergent by Veronica Roth
- June 24 - Literati Book Club: Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong by Prudence Shen and Faith Erin Hicks
- July 15 - YAK & Snack: The Underneath by Katherine Appelt
- July 22 - Literati Book Club: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- September 30 - Maze Runner by James Dashner
- October 21 - Yak & Snack: The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
- November 25 - Literati Book Club: Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys
- December 30 - Novel Cinema: T.B.A.
- January 29 – Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
- February 19 – Book and a Movie: The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor and a showing of Alice in Wonderland
- March 26 – Feed by M.T. Anderson
- April 17 – Book Swap Party!
- June - T.B.D.
- July 17 - Literati Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green
- October 22 - Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby
- November 19 - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- December 17 - Literati Book Club: Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
- January 24 – Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- February 14 – Book Crush Party, bring your favorite book!
- March 20 – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- April 17 – Matched by Ally Condie
- May 22 - Book Swap Party!
- June 26 - Godless by Pete Hautman
- July 17 - Book and a Movie: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- November 27 - Dread Locks by Neal Shusterman
- December 18- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
- February – Ruined by Paula Morris
- March – The Falcon’s Malteser: a Diamond Brothers Mystery by Anthony Horowitz
- June – Airborn by Kenneth Oppel
- July – Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- September – The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
- November – Pages to Screen – Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
- December – Beastly by Alex Flinn
- October – Rapunzel’s Revenge by Shannon and Dean Hale
- November – Book Swap Party
- December – The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci