Revision as of 16:56, 6 February 2013 by Admin
See what staff are reading (and recommending!) and see the young adult librarians' selections.
- 1 Bob Bjoring (Central)
- 2 Tim Carrier (Central)
- 3 Anne Chiles (Central)
- 4 Nancy Cook (Central)
- 5 Meredith Dickens (Gordon)
- 6 Krista Farrell (Central)
- 7 Noelle Funk (Scottsville)
- 8 Willow Gale (Bookmobile)
- 9 Karen Gillaspie (Central)
- 10 Gary Grant (Albemarle Trustee)
- 11 John Halliday (Central)
- 12 Sarah Hamfeldt (Central)
- 13 Holly Huffman (Greene)
- 14 Lindsay Ideson (Northside)
- 15 Rhonda Johnson (Crozet)
- 16 Kathy Judge (Central)
- 17 Tanith Knight (Nelson)
- 18 Jackie Lichtman (Central)
- 19 Russ Lyttleton (Central)
- 20 Joyce MacDonald (Central)
- 21 Gail Ott (Louisa)
- 22 Willoughby Parks (Central)
- 23 Heather Pehnec (Central)
- 24 David Plunkett (Central)
- 25 Stella Pool (Central)
- 26 Ginny Reese (Greene)
- 27 Jacqueline Rice (Central)
- 28 Wendy Saz (Crozet)
- 29 Phoebe Anne Tucker (Nelson)
- 30 Andrea Williams (Central)
Bob Bjoring (Central)
Tim Carrier (Central)
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson.
Anne Chiles (Central)
- And So It Goes by Charles J. Shields.
- Help Me to Find My People: The African American Search for Family Lost in Slavery by Heather Andrea Williams.
- Molotov's Magic Lantern by Rachel Polonsky.
Nancy Cook (Central)
- Vanished by Sheela Chari.
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed.
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick.
Meredith Dickens (Gordon)
- Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs by Ken Jennings.
- Embassytown by China Mieville.
- Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City by Guy DeLisle.
- Turn Right at Machu Picchu: Rediscovering the Lost City One Step at a Time by Mark Adams.
- Also see my recommendations on the Gordon Avenue Library staff picks page
Krista Farrell (Central)
- Home Is a Rppof Over a Pig: An Amerian Family's Journey in China by Aminta Arrington.
- Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.
- King Peggy: An American Secretary, Her Royal Destiny, and the Inspiring Story of How She Changed an African Village by Peggielene Bartels.
- Poster: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer.
Noelle Funk (Scottsville)
- The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier.
- An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain M. Pears.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt.
- There But for the by Ali Smith.
Willow Gale (Bookmobile)
- Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.
- Time to Be in Earnest by P. D. James.
- The Wake of Forgiveness by Bruce Machart.
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.
Karen Gillaspie (Central)
- A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison.
Gary Grant (Albemarle Trustee)
- The Orchard: A Memoir by Adele Crockett Robertson.
John Halliday (Central)
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner.
- Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie.
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.
- Goronwy and Me: A Narrative of Two Lives by Proal Heartwell.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
Sarah Hamfeldt (Central)
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.
Holly Huffman (Greene)
- Mandela's Way: Fifteen Lessons on Life, Love, and Courage by Richard Stengel.
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Also see my recommendations on the Adult Mystery Series Authors page
Lindsay Ideson (Northside)
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
- Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt.
- This Life is in Your Hands: One Dream, Sixty Acres, and a Family Undone by Melissa Coleman.
- The Swerve: How the World Became Modern by Stephen J. Greenblatt.
Rhonda Johnson (Crozet)
- May B by Caroline Starr Rose.
- Vanished by Gary D. Schmidt.
- Vegetable Gardening the Colonial Williamsburg Way: 18th-Century Methods for Today's Organic Gardeners by Wesley Greene.
Kathy Judge (Central)
- The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey.
Tanith Knight (Nelson)
- Lost Communities of Virginia by Terri Fisher.
Jackie Lichtman (Central)
Russ Lyttleton (Central)
- The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough.
- Island of Vice: Theodore Roosevelt's Doomed Quest to Clean Up Sin-Loving New York by Richard Zacks.
Joyce MacDonald (Central)
- Let's Take the Long Way Home: a Memoir of Friendship by Gail Caldwell.
Gail Ott (Louisa)
- Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray.
- Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith.
- Following Atticus: Forty Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship Now by Mark Ryan.
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.
- The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson.
Willoughby Parks (Central)
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua.
- The Beautiful Mystery: A Chief Inspector Gamache Mystery by Louise Penney.
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.
Heather Pehnec (Central)
- The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell.
- Down the Mysterly River by Mark Buckingham.
- The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis by Kevin Brockmeier.
David Plunkett (Central)
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
- The Draining Lake by Arnaldur Indridason.
- The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer.
- The Hairstons: An American Family in Black and White by Henry Wiencek.
Stella Pool (Central)
- World Without End by Ken Follett.
Ginny Reese (Greene)
- Dragonbreath: Curse of the Were-Wiener by Ursula Vernon.
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos.
- The False Friend by Myula Goldberg.
- No Such Thing As Dragons by Philip Reeve.
- Yes, Chef: a Memoir by Marcus Samuelsson.
Jacqueline Rice (Central)
Wendy Saz (Crozet)
- Emily Alone by Stewart O'Nan.
- In the Sea There Are Crocodiles: a Novel Based on the True Story of Enaiatollah Akbari by Fabio Geda.
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson.
- Nothing Daunted: The Unexpected Education of Two Society Girls in the West by Dorothy Wickenden.
- The Odds by Stewart O'Nan.
Phoebe Anne Tucker (Nelson)
- The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair