CONNECTING @ YOUR LIBRARY
Northside Library Staff provides Computer Instruction
Do computers intimidate you? Do you need a little help getting started with internet searches? Do you want to communicate with friends and family on-line? Let the Nortside Library Staff help you with FREE one-on-one tutorials. We will provide instruction for 30 minutes and then give you an additional 30 minutes to work on your own.
Call the Information Desk (973.7893) to schedule a tutorial session. You must have a valid library card in order to register for these FREE sessions.
Instruction will be provided on the following topics:
- Keyboard and Mouse - if you know little or nothing about computers, this is the place to start.
- Getting Started on the Web - Learn your way around the web with a hands-on guided tour.
- Finding What You Need - Improve your search results and find the information you need by using internet search engines and the library's on-line databases.
- Setting Up An E-mail Account - Set up a free Gmail account and learn how to send and receive messages.
- Job Hunting - Focusing on the Charlottesville Job Board, learn how to fill out and save job applications.